Shure MOTIV MV88+ Video Kit - Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone and Accessories for Smartphones (iOS, Android)
- High-Quality Audio Rig for Smartphone
- Mobile Journalist, Vlogger, Videographer
- Feature-Rich Stereo Microphone
- Stylish & Sturdy Professional Build
- Large Clamp Mounts to Any Smartphone
- Manfrotto Tripod/Grip with Ball Head
- 24-Bit / 48 kHz Mono/Stereo Recording
- Lightweight & Compact Portable Design
- Real-Time Headphone Monitoring
- Filmic Ready, MOTIV Audio/Video App
The Shure MOTIV MV88+ Video Kit - Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone and Accessories for Smartphones (iOS, Android) is an ideal kit to have if you're looking to take video-making on your iOS or Android phone to the next level. The Shure MOTIV MV88+ Video Kit - Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone and Accessories for Smartphones (iOS, Android) is designed around the MV88+ microphone, giving you the possibility of accessing Shure's broadcast-quality sound right to your phone. Additionally, you'll have all the accessories you'll need to create a portable and versatile audio/video rig. Everything in the kit is made to be transportable and easy to use. Utilize the Shure MOTIV MV88+ Video Kit - Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone and Accessories for Smartphones (iOS, Android) to report from the field, for streaming on Facebook Live, shooting a documentary, recording your vlog, or capturing a musical performance. You'll be accessing great sounding video no matter how or where you decide to make use of this kit.
The MV88+ Video Kit works in tandem with the free ShurePlus MOTIV audio/video apps, but is also compatible with Filmic Pro, the go-to app for filmmakers. The MOTIV app give you real-time control over the mic, with powerful digital processing and variable pick up patterns, so you can achieve the best possible sound for the situation, even in challenging environments. It all packs up neatly into a roll-up bag that safely keeps your accessories in one place, so nothing gets lost.
Great-Sounding Video Right Out of The Box
- The kit comes complete with all you need to capture great-sounding content on your smartphone right out of the box, with high-resolution stereo recording at up to 24-bit/48 kHz. Your MV88+ mic slides snugly into the versatile mic clip, allowing you to mount it on your phone using the phone clamp. The clamp adjusts to fit any size smartphone—you can even leave the case on.
- Attach the industry-leading Manfrotto PIXI mini tripod to the clamp, position your phone, and get the shot you want. The versatile tripod can be placed on a desktop or folded into a grip for handheld work. To connect and power the mic, use either the included 15" Lightning or USB Type-C cable with your iOS or Android phone.
- The mic's built-in headphone output lets you properly monitor your sound in real time so you can always know what you're recording and be sure your video sounds great. Slip the windscreen over the mic to reduce wind noise, and you're ready to fire up the MOTIV app.
App for Better Sound in Any Situation
- The ShurePlus MOTIV app for iOS and Android phones is an integral part of your kit. It controls the mic and audio settings, and functions as a full-featured audio/video recorder. Unlike your phone's built-in mono mic, the MV88+ can be configured with different settings to optimize your sound according to your recording situation.
- The mono cardioid setting, for example, is a smart choice for an interview focused on a single subject. For a two-person interview, the mono bidirectional setting might yield better results. The stereo settings offer pick up patterns with variable width, great for recording musical performances or environmental sounds for video B-roll. The raw mid-side setting lets you capture dramatic stereo imaging, which you can adjust later in post-production.
- The app also offers digital signal processing (DSP) with presets to get you started quickly. Included is a limiter to avoid overloading the input, a compressor to help level out volume differences, and an EQ/filter to tame problem frequencies and reduce low-end rumbles.
- The MV88+ microphone isn't limited to smartphone use. Once configured, it can also work with a Mac or Windows computer or an iPad Pro, operating with device-dependent gain control options and the last settings made on the app.
- The app lets you capture your audio and video in multiple formats, edit it, and share your creations via email, text, iTunes, AirDrop, and Dropbox. You can also choose to livestream right from your phone and share your video in real time with your online audience.
Elegant Yet Rugged
- The MV88+ Video Kit provides mobile journalists and documentary makers with a compact, sturdy rig that projects professionalism wherever you take it.
- With a protective foam windscreen and an all-metal body, the microphone is designed to hold up to the rigors of field work and deliver reliable, pristine sound every time.
- The ultra-light Manfrotto mini tripod with its smooth, black finish looks great when placed on a desk and feels comfortable when held in your hand as a grip.
- The rugged phone clamp is equipped with a tight-locking mechanism and rubber bumpers, ensuring that your phone remains securely in place, even in run-and-gun situations.
Freedom of Placement for the Sound You Need
- The MV88+ Video Kit offers a range of set up configurations for a variety of applications. When self-recording and livestreaming, press the quick-adjust red button on the tripod to release the ball head and position your phone and MV88+ mic in a widescreen orientation on a desktop. For videography work, simply pivot the mic to the other direction, so it faces the talent.
- For handheld work, including audio-only applications, the PIXI tripod legs fold to form a grip that lets you move around with your phone and follow the talent in the field. This gives you the freedom to bring your mic close to the subject and capture clear-sounding interviews or wide stereo ambience.
- Alternatively, videographers can mount the kit on any large tripod using the 1/4"-20 thread on the phone clamp.
Get the Most Out of Your Kit
- When shooting for extended periods, charge your phone while using your mic—requires an additional USB Type-A cable and an Apple Lightning to USB 3 camera adapter.
- The MV88+ is compatible with the Rycote furry windjammer (AMV88-FUR), an essential add-on to further reduce wind noise when shooting outside.
- It's usually a good idea to place your mic as close as you can to the person speaking. If the included cables aren't long enough, you can avail yourself of a 40" AMV-LTG lightning cable for iOS or a lengthy micro-USB cable for Android devices.
- A separately purchased 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS cable lets you connect the microphone's headphone output to the analog line input of an audio recording device. An additional USB power supply is required to power the mic.
- Microphone is immune to radio interference and GSM buzz from phones.
- Adjustable stereo width: 60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135°.
- Monitor Mix function for headphone output lets you blend between live monitoring and phone playback.
- Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) Certified for direct connection to any iOS device without the need for any additional adapters or connection kits.
ShurePlus MOTIV Audio & Video App