Rode VideoMic Pro Plus On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- For DSLRs, Camcorders & More
- Improved RF-Immunity Over Previous Model
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Response
- Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- 3.5mm Mini-Jack Output, Dual Mono Output
- Right Channel Can Act as Safety Channel
- Selectable HPF and High-Frequency Boost
- Battery Lasts Over 100 Hours
The Rode VideoMic Pro Plus On-Camera Shotgun Microphone is a supercardioid condenser shotgun microphone that has an improved response over its predecessor with improved RF-immunity as well.The mic has an integrated Rycote Lyre shock mount and built-in rechargeable battery.
The VideoMic Pro Plus sports a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack termination, outputs a dual-mono signal, and provides a TRS cable to make the connection. A micro-USB cable is also supplied, which can be used to draw bus-power. The microphone's supercardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimized, and that your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera. Its inherent low-noise circuitry ensures you will not pick up any sound from the microphone's robust innards. The microphone boasts +20 dB settings for DSLR cameras, a flat setting for high-quality preamps, and a -10 dB pad.
Other features abound, such as an Automatic Power Function, a built-in battery door, and a high-pass filter with cuts at 75 Hz and 150 Hz. The filter will prevent low-end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being picked up on the resulting track. If you're unsure how loud the audio you're capturing might be, you can set the right channel to record at a lower level for safety. A selectable high-frequency boost is also available.
To power the VideoMic Pro Plus, you can use two AA batteries, the micro-USB cable, or the built-in rechargeable LB-1 lithium-ion battery, which lasts 100 hours on a single charge. This microphone features an auto-powering feature which helps you save battery life by powering on with a mic cable is connected and powering off when it isn't.
- Automatic power function with plug-in power
- Power via LB-1, 2 x AA batteries, or micro-USB
- Ships with LB-1 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, detachable 3.5mm TRS cable
- Built-in battery door
- LED indicator for power source and charging / discharging status
- Micro-USB port for charging removable LB-1 battery
- Digital switching
- Audio level adjustment
- Dual high-pass filter options
- High-frequency boost
- Dual mono unbalanced output
- Safety channel option on right channel
- Ambient-light detect to boost LED brightness
- Low-noise circuitry
- Improved RF immunity
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting on-board
You may also be interested in
Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone$399.00