- Paypal Credit
Tiffen 77mm Full Spectrum IRND 1.8 Filter
- 77m Infrared Neutral Density Filter 1.8
- Infrared control filter helps to block infrared pollution
- Wider color gamut and truer colors
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity
The Tiffen 77mm Water White Infrared Neutral Density Filter 1.8 is designed to correct color shift from IR contamination, which is a critical problem in digital videography, whether you are using neutral density filters with HDSLR or HD video cameras. The CCD or CMOS sensor of a digital camera is inherently susceptible to infrared contamination, even when the manufacturer attempts to reduce this problem by adding an infrared absorbing filter on top of the image sensor. Blacks become magenta and greens a muddy brown. Infrared light focuses at a different vocal length than visible light; therefore, your images may seem a bit out of focus as well. The more light you cut, the more IR contamination you will see; therefore, whether you're reducing light in general or wish to create a shallow depth of field for a cinematic look, the more IR contamination you will encounter.
Tiffen has addressed this problem by offering their exclusive line of their Full Spectrum Water White IR Neutral Density filters in limited screw in sizes for the HDSLR. The Tiffen IR ND filters do not have a sharp cutoff at the infrared wavelengths; therefore the wide color gamut these sensors record is not compromised. The result is vibrant colors and no IR contamination, with crisp clean images that only Water White glass can deliver. These filters also provide greater latitude when editing in post production and are ideal for 8 byte compressed color.
- Infrared control filter helps to block infrared pollution from affecting the color fidelity of imagery; this enables a wider color gamut and truer colors, especially noticeable in the darker regions of the image.
- 1.8 neutral density filter requires a 6 stop increase in exposure for normal results.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.
|W77IRND3, W77IRND6, W77IRND9, W77IRND12, W77IRND15, W77IRND18, W77IRND21