- Paypal Credit
Tiffen 138mm Ultra Pol Linear Polarizer Filter
- 138MM Round Ultra Polarizer Linear WW Self Rotating
- Increase the polarizing effect for enhanced reduction of reflections
- Perpendicular arrangement allowing for the absorption of much of the light
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity
Tiffen 138MM Round Ultra Polarizer Linear WW Self Rotating (SR) extract the maximum of unwanted glare from the scene and render crisp white clouds against a dramatically dark blue sky, like never before. Distracting reflections from water and windows become invisible with the magic of the Ultra Pol filter.
The Tiffen 138mm Ultra Pol Linear Polarizer Filter helps to greatly reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A linear polarizer differs from a circular polarizer in that it does not supports use of a camera's autofocus or auto exposure functions; it is best suited for use with manual cameras, such as view cameras, that are not dependent on internal mechanisms to determine focus or metering settings.
There is a total filter factor of about 4, requiring an increase of 2 stops for normal exposure. This filter is constructed from Water White glass and made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Compared to a standard polarizer, the Ultra Pol design strives to increase the polarizing effect for enhanced reduction of reflections and greater color saturation.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.